- Independent Reading 25 min. Response format. Strategy 2 inferences.
- Remember its taking an educated guess about what is happening in that moment that the book doesn't explain
- In your response first write down the part that you are talking about
- Code-X vocabulary sentences and vocab story using sensory details
- Sensory detail paragraph of an important moment in your life
- each sentence should have a sensory detail.
- re-write on loose-leaf paper
- Complete guided questions about the Haymarket Square Affair
1.What were the conditions the protestors were protesting for? (P 2-4)
2. Why were Albert and Lucy Parsons important to the cause? (P 5-7)
3. Summarize what happened during the Haymarket Square meeting. (P. 8)
4. How did the government respond to the bombings the next day? (P. 9)
5.How were the "Haymarket Eight" treated unfairly? (P 10)
6.What rights were taken away from the protestors? (P.11)
7.Why does the author state that we're still feeling the consequences of this event today?